Bedford Public Library has two kinds of Library cards -- See which one is right for you.
Digital-use Library Card
- Digital-use cards are perfect if you want to use only our Library's online materials and services (hoopla, OverDrive, Flipster, Chilton Library Online, and more).
- This type of card may not be used to borrow items physically located inside the Library.
- You must be a current resident of Lawrence County to apply.
- Apply for a digital-use card from the My Account menu on this website, or click here to directly access the application form.
- You will receive your Library card number in a confirmation message when you submit your application. You will choose your own PIN. It is important to remember these numbers so that you may access online materials.
Regular Library Card
- Regular Library cards are perfect if you want full access to materials located within the Library and on our website.
- Library card applications are available at the Library's checkout desk.
- You must show proof of current address to receive a Library card.
- All new cards will be mailed to the address provided on the application.
- Children under 12 years of age must have the application signed by a parent or guardian.
- You must have your card or photo ID with you to check out materials.
- Tell us if you change your name or address so we may update your information.
- You are responsible for the care and return of all items checked out on your card.
- You are responsible for notifying us if your card is lost or stolen. If not reported, you are responsible for materials checked out on your card.
- Don't loan your card to anyone else... you are responsible for all items checked out on your card.
Replacement Card Cost
Adult cards -- $2.00
Children & Teen cards -- $1.00
Digital-use cards -- No replacement cost
Persons living outside Lawrence County must have a Public Library Access Card (PLAC) to use the Bedford Public Library.
Please contact the Library for current cost.