Get a Library Card
Bedford Public Library has two kinds of Library cards -- Regular and Digital-use. See which one is right for you.
Regular Library Card
- Perfect if you want full access to all materials and services in the Library and on our website
- Application forms are available online (click Print a Library Card Application Form) and at our checkout desk.
- You must visit in person and show proof of current address to receive a Library card.
- All new cards will be mailed to the address provided on the application.
- Children under 12 years of age must have the application signed by a parent or other responsible party.
- Enjoy fine-free checkouts of materials from our collection, both online and in the Library. (Charges will apply for items that are lost or damaged.)
Digital-use Library Card
- Perfect if you want to use only online materials and services (hoopla, Libby by OverDrive, Kanopy, Chilton Library Online, and more)
- May not be used to borrow items physically located inside the Library
- You will receive your Library card number immediately on the confirmation screen when you apply. Be sure to print it or write it down!
- Use your Library card number and PIN to access our catalog of online materials.
- Wait! If you already have a regular library card, you don't need to apply for a digital-use card. You already have access to digital library services. Use our Ask Us form if you're not sure.
- You must have your Library card or photo ID with you to check out materials.
- Tell us if you change your name or address so we can update your information.
- You are responsible for the care and return of all items checked out on your card.
- You are responsible for notifying us if your card is lost or stolen. If not reported, you are responsible for materials checked out on your card.
- Don't loan your card to anyone else... you are responsible for all items checked out on your card.
There is no charge to replace a lost or damaged card.
Persons living outside Lawrence County must have a Public Library Access Card (PLAC) to use the Bedford Public Library. Please contact the Library for current cost.