Get a Library Card
Bedford Public Library has two kinds of Library cards -- Regular and Digital-use.
See which one is right for you.
Regular Library Card
- Perfect if you want full access to all materials and services in the Library and on our website
- Application forms are available online and at our checkout desk.
- You must visit in person and show proof of current address to receive a Library card.
- All new cards will be mailed to the address provided on the application.
- Children under 12 years of age must have the application signed by a parent or guardian.
Digital-use Library Card
- Perfect if you want to use only online materials and services (hoopla, OverDrive, Flipster, Chilton Library Online, and more)
- May not be used to borrow items physically located inside the Library
- When you apply, you will receive your Library card number immediately on the confirmation screen. Be sure to print it or write it down!
- Use your Library card number and PIN to access our catalog of online materials.
- You must have your Library card or photo ID with you to check out materials.
- Tell us if you change your name or address so we can update your information.
- You are responsible for the care and return of all items checked out on your card.
- You are responsible for notifying us if your card is lost or stolen. If not reported, you are responsible for materials checked out on your card.
- Don't loan your card to anyone else... you are responsible for all items checked out on your card.
Replacement Card Cost
There is no charge the first time you replace a lost or damaged card.
For any replacement cards after that, the cost is as follows:
Adult cards -- $2.00
Children & Teen cards -- $1.00
Digital-use cards -- No replacement cost
Persons living outside Lawrence County must have a Public Library Access Card (PLAC) to use the Bedford Public Library.Please contact the Library for current cost.