Loan Periods, Fines & Fees
Materials check out for 21 days / 4 renewals maximum.
Items are renewed automatically unless they are reserved or have reached their renewal limit. Checkout details may be viewed or items renewed online, via telephone renewal at 812-275-8383, or by calling the library at 812-275-4471.
Fines & Fees
- Bedford Public Library is a fine-free library. We do not charge late fees, but charges still apply for items that are lost or damaged.
- Materials 43 days past due will be considered lost and billed to the customer.
- No check out will be possible if there are fees over $1.00 on your card.
- Outstanding accounts of $25.00 or more are assigned to a collection service.
- Payment for fees may be made online or at the checkout desk using a Visa or Mastercard credit card.
Lost or Damaged Items
You will be charged for items checked out on your card that are lost or damaged. These fees will be used to replace the lost or damaged materials.